It's that day of May, that day you marked on your calendar. Haiku Alpha 2 is now available to everyone out there who've been waiting to get their hands (little or otherwise) on it. Eight months after Alpha 1 was released comes Alpha 2 with some important improvements, namely:
- WiFi support with WEP encryption introduced
- WebPositive - a native Webkit based browser
- New Locale Kit allows localization/translation
- Improved USB mass storage performance
- ACPI enabled by default
- Bash command-line shell updated to version 4.x
- Message Signal Interrupts (MSI)
- Increased POSIX compliance
- Increased performance
Of course that's not all there is to Alpha 2 and you can
read even more from the release notes. What am I saying... first start your download and then read the release notes. What are you waiting for? Click away and get your groove on.
Congratulations to everyone involved, you deserve it.